North Beijing Half Day TourTake a Beijing one day tour of the east section of Ping'an Avennue. Walking along Shichahai Lake Area and the Yandaixiejie Street is the most attracting part of this Beijing day tour package. In this Beijing day tour,you can also visit Drum Tower and Bell Tower ( including entrance to Bell Tower ), Bird Nest and Water Cube.
- Ping'an Avenue- - Literally means " Long Peace Road". It is also called the second" Chang'an Avenue, a main artery in Beijing. It is a 7 km long from Guanyuan Bridge on the western 2nd Ring Road through to Dongsishitiao Bridge on the eastern 2nd Ring Road. It used to be an old and narrow street. After reconstruction and renovation, the street was reopened to the public on August 28, 1999. It has turned into a Ming and Qing style street. You will see many old courtyards, former palaces.
- Shichahai Lake Area- - Shichahai" literally means "ten temple lakes". Shichahai Lake is also the name of three connectd lakes - Qian Hai Lake, Houhai Lake and Xihai Lake. The Silver Ingot Bridge ( Yinding Bridge ), a narrow channel joining Qianhai Lake and the Houhai Lake, the hub of Shichhai area with surrounding quiet hutongs. Shichahai area still has the ambience of an ancient city, despite its modern setting.
- Yandaixiejie Street- - Yandai Xiejie ( Tobacco Pipe Lean Street ), a quaint 800-year-old hutong located directly north of Yinding Bridge between Qianhai and Houhai in the Shichahai area and the south of the Drum Tower, used to be well-known for sellers of long-stemmed pipes, hence the name. Now, it is a street lined with numerous antique stores and trendy bars.
- Drum Tower and Bell Tower- - The Bell Tower and Drum Tower is located at the north end of Dianmenwai street. They are a group of ancient buildings at the north end of the central axis from south to north in the ancient capital of Beijing. With a long history, they were once the time-keeping Centre in the capital of the Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties.
- Bird Nest and Water Cube- - At the Bird's nest (the Beijing National Stadium), Usain Bolt of Jamaica broke the world record by winning both the 100 and 200 gold medals at the Olympics; at the Water Cube (the National Aquatics Centre), Michael Phelps of America makes history with 8 Gold Medals in Beijing.
|Travelling Party||Tour Cost Per Person|
|10 persons up||$39|
Please Ask Your china Travel Question Here!
or You can directly E-mail to: email@example.com
Greetings from Finland We are very satisfied with our two week journey in China. Everything went well. There were always very kind Chinese people who wanted to help us , and I think many Chinese can speak in English. The best way start our journey was Yangtze cruise the first days! We were also lucky with the weather, so the scieneries were excellent. Yangzte River Cruise was very good and well ru ... more
Finland | 2013-03-30