Mysterious Tibet TourIf you want to know something about the mysterious Tibetan prostrate religion and the ridges of peculiar Himalaya views,this Beijing to Lhasa tour will make your dream come true by exploring the holy city of Lhasa. During this trip, you will step into a thousand rooms and chambers of Potala Palace, and visit the resort of Norbulingkha, the residences of the Dalai Lama, and various shrines and monasteries, where you can truly experience the holy evidence of Lamaism and historic culture of the 13th centuries.
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Services Provided||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Beijing,Lhasa||Airport Transfer (Lhasa)||/|
|Day 2||Lhasa||Potala Palace, Barkhor Street, Jokhang Temple.||Breakfast,Chinese Lunch|
|Day 3||Lhasa||Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Norbulingka.||Breakfast,Chinese Lunch|
|Day 4||Lhasa,Beijing||Hotel to airport Transfer (Lhasa), Airport Transfer (Beijing)||Breakfast|
Place & Transport:Beijing to Lhasa, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Lhasa)
Place & Transport:Lhasa
Today's Activities: Potala Palace, Barkhor Street, Jokhang Temple
- Potala Palace:it has become the seat of Dalai Lamas and also the political center of Tibet. The 13th Dalai Lama extended Potala Palace to the present size-117 meters in height and 360 meters in width, covering an area of more than 130,000 square meters. Mainly comprised by the White Palace, the administrative building, and the Red Palace, religious building, Potala Palace is famous for its grand buildings, complicated constructions, devotional atmosphere and splendid artworks.
- Barkhor Street :is a famous commercial and commodity-distributing center in Lhasa, consisting of more than 120 handicrafts shops and more than 200 stalls. It is a good choice that should never be missed by tourists coming to Lhasa, for you can buy anything Tibet-related, from sacks of incense, chunks of yak butter to monk outfits. Barkhor is the road that pilgrims tramped out around Jokhang Temple through centuries. When walking along Barkhor Street, you should move in the clockwise direction.
- Jokhang Temple :Jokhang Temple is the spiritual center of Tibet. Built in 647 by Songtsen Gampo, it has a history of more than 1,300 years. The temple is the fine product of Han, Tibetan and Nepalese architecture techniques. Visitors will be treated to the sight of various exotic and sacred sculptures. Jokhang Temple also houses many invaluable cultural relics. Every year, the Great Prayer Festival is held here. The temple was called the Tsulag Khang or 'House of Wisdom' but it is now known as the Jokhang which means the 'House of the Lord'.
Place & Transport:Lhasa
Today's Activities: Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Norbulingka
- Drepung Monastery :Drepung Monastery was known for the high standards of its academic study, and was called the Nalanda of Tibet, a reference to the great Buddhist monastic university of India. Chapman reported that in the late 1930's Drepung was divided into four colleges, each housing monks from a different locality.
- Sera Monastery : The highlight of visiting in Sera Monastery will be watching a monks debating inside the shady courtyard behind the main temple. Every day, hundreds of red-robed monks assemble in small groups and practice their debating skills
- Norbulingka : It means Jewel Garden. First built in 1751, it borrowed architectural style from the inland areas of China while maintaining local ethnic and religious features. Norbulingka served as a traditional summer palace and residence starting with the 7th Dalai Lama, and now it is the largest garden in Tibet.
Place & Transport:Lhasa to Beijing, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities:Hotel to airport Transfer (Lhasa), Airport Transfer (Beijing)
|Nov.1 - Mar.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|10 persons Up||$1162||$1137||$1094||$189/$157/$113/|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|10 persons Up||$1290||$1273||$1154||$298/$276/$138/|
|Lhasa||Brahmaputra Grand Hotel||Xinding Hotel||ShangBaLa Hotel|
Please Ask Your china Travel Question Here!
or You can directly E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Jerry : we will enjoy this trip! China was full of items of historical and cultural significance. If you want to get a clear view into the Chinas future, Choose to travel with this company. You will enjoy the best ! Winfred ... more
New Zealand | 2013-11-15