Beijing and Tibet essence TourDuring this Beijing to Tibet tour, you will witness the devotion of Buddhist pilgrims, monasteries, intricate patterns of colorful Tibetan art, ancient architectural wonders which are all in Tibet! The combination of Beijing Highlight Tour with Lhasa tour excellently shows the diversity of China.
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Services Provided||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Beijing||Airport Transfer (Beijing)||/|
|Day 2||Beijing||The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Li Heng Tang Pearl Store||Breakfast,Chinese Lunch|
|Day 3||Beijing||The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Temple of Heaven, Shahe Cloisonne Factory||Breakfast,Chinese Lunch|
|Day 4||Beijing||Summer Palace with boat Cruise and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony, 798 Art District, Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube)||Breakfast,Chinese Lunch|
|Day 5||Beijing,Lhasa||Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Lhasa)||Breakfast|
|Day 6||Lhasa||Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street, Potala Palace||Breakfast,Chinese Lunch|
|Day 7||Lhasa||Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Norbulingka||Breakfast,Chinese Lunch|
|Day 8||Depart Lhasa||Hotel to airport Transfer (Lhasa), Airport Transfer (Beijing)||/|
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport:Beijing
Today's Activities: The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Li Heng Tang Pearl Store
- The Forbidden City :Also called as the Palace Museum, it is the largest and the best preserved Imperial Palace in the world. Forbidden City houses numerous rare treasures; it’s splendid painted decoration, royal architectural wonder, the grand and deluxe halls will certainly satisfy one’s curiosity. In 1987, it was listed by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage Site.
- Tiananmen Square :Located in the heart of Beijing, it is the largest one of its kind in the world. In the morning, the grand flag-raising ceremony is held, and the nightfall, the flag lowering ceremony is conducted. The flag-raising ceremony has become the most attractive and sacred ceremony in Tian’anmen Square. This immense courtyard is also the site of various historical events. It is surrounded by significant edifices such as the Chinese Revolution History Museum, the Mao Mausoleum, the Great Hall of the People, and the Heavenly Peace Gate.
- Hutong Tour in Xicheng District : Hutong is an ancient urban alley peculiar to Beijing. Arrive at the old courtyard and begin the one hour visit inside. With the help of your English speaking tour guide of the courtyard, you will have a detailed explanation of the old courtyard ( Siheyuan ) - its history, its layout, its Fengshui, and its traditiona Chinese culture involved.
- Li Heng Tang Pearl Store: Lihengtang Pearl Store is a state-run enterprise that cultivates processes, manufactures and sells all type of fresh water and sea pearls. China is the largest fresh water pearl producer in the world with the main base being in Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces. Famous varieties of seawater pearls include: The Tahitian Black Pearl and Nanyang Golden pearl. The Lihengtang Pearl Store offer pearls of all types and quality pearls and caters to all price ranges.
Place & Transport:Beijing
Today's Activities: The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Temple of Heaven, Shahe Cloisonne Factory
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car) :Mutianyu is a section of the Great Wall of China located in Huairou County 70km northeast of Beijing. the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs for generations. Besides, it is also famous for the breathtaking beautiful scenery, such as woodland and streams.
- Temple of Heaven :Located in the southeast of Beijing City proper, the Temple of Heaven was first constructed in 1420. The temple was built specifically as a place where the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties worshipped heaven and prayed for good harvests. Main buildings in the temple take blue as the basic color, symbolizing the color of heaven. In 1998, it was included in the Worl Cultural Heritage List by UNESCO.
- Cloisonne Factory: Producing cloisonne is an intricate and detailed process, which dated back to 700 years ago. The process involves producing fine enamel on a copper base. You can watch the workers at all stages of the process to see how these beautiful objects are produced. There's a showroom attached for those who would like a souvenir of the visit, big or small, and all objects are guaranteed. This is a popular place for those looking for special, quality souvenirs.
Place & Transport:Beijing
Today's Activities: Summer Palace with boat Cruise and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony, 798 Art District, Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube)
- Summer Palace with boat Cruise and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony : It is the best-preserved and largest imperial garden in China adn a classical park in the world. It covers an area of 2.9 million square meters, of which three fourths are taken up by water. Its main features are Longevity Hill, Kunming Lake, and various buildings. In the time of the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), it had become a luxurious royal garden providing riyal families with rest and entertainment. The Summer Palace also holds tens of thousands of precious cultural relics.
- 798 Art District :The 798 Art District is in northeastern Beijing. This place provides creative people with an opportunity and an outlet to enthusiastically pursue their artistic ideals. It has also given them a unique, spiritual homeland.
- Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube) :The National Stadium( bird's nest)hosted the main track and field Football, and final competitions for the 2008 Summer Olympics, as well as the opening and closing ceremonies. The twig-like structure and the bowl-shaped roof are the masterpiece of the project.. (the Water Cube) is just next to the Bird Nest. The National Swimming Center is the only important Olympic venue that is built by donations from compatriots from Hong Kong and Macao.
Place & Transport:Beijing to Lhasa, Air China CA4112 (Beijing Capital Airport - Lhasa Gonggar Airport) Dep 09:00 - Arr 15:00.
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Lhasa)
Place & Transport:Lhasa
Today's Activities: Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street, Potala Palace
- Potala Palace :It has become the seat of Dalai Lamas and also the political center of Tibet. The 13th Dalai Lama extended Potala Palace to the present size-117 meters in height and 360 meters in width, covering an area of more than 130,000 square meters. Mainly comprised by the White Palace, the administrative building, and the Red Palace, religious building, Potala Palace is famous for its grand buildings, complicated constructions, devotional atmosphere and splendid artworks.
- Barkhor Street :It is a famous commercial and commodity-distributing center in Lhasa, consisting of more than 120 handicrafts shops and more than 200 stalls. It is a good choice that should never be missed by tourists coming to Lhasa, for you can buy anything Tibet-related, from sacks of incense, chunks of yak butter to monk outfits. Barkhor is the road that pilgrims tramped out around Jokhang Temple through centuries. When walking along Barkhor Street, you should move in the clockwise direction.
- Jokhang Temple :Jokhang Temple is the spiritual center of Tibet. Built in 647 by Songtsen Gampo, it has a history of more than 1,300 years. The temple is the fine product of Han, Tibetan and Nepalese architecture techniques. Visitors will be treated to the sight of various exotic and sacred sculptures. Jokhang Temple also houses many invaluable cultural relics. Every year, the Great Prayer Festival is held here. The temple was called the Tsulag Khang or 'House of Wisdom' but it is now known as the Jokhang which means the 'House of the Lord'
Place & Transport:Lhasa
Today's Activities: Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Norbulingka
- Drepung Monastery :Drepung Monastery was known for the high standards of its academic study, and was called the Nalanda of Tibet, a reference to the great Buddhist monastic university of India. Chapman reported that in the late 1930's Drepung was divided into four colleges, each housing monks from a different locality.
- Sera Monastery : The highlight of visiting in Sera Monastery will be watching a monks debating inside the shady courtyard behind the main temple. Every day, hundreds of red-robed monks assemble in small groups and practice their debating skills.
Tips: Every day (except Mondays) at 15:00, there is a debate about Buddhist doctrines among the monks at Sera Monastery. The debating is held in the grounds and is a necessary way of learning sutras and scriptures. Visitors can watch the debate, but it is advised to keep quiet.
- Norbulingka :It means Jewel Garden. First built in 1751, it borrowed architectural style from the inland areas of China while maintaining local ethnic and religious features. Norbulingka served as a traditional summer palace and residence starting with the 7th Dalai Lama, and now it is the largest garden in Tibet.
Place & Transport:Lhasa to Beijing, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Lhasa), Airport Transfer (Beijing)
|Nov.1 - Mar.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|10 persons Up||$1604||$1468||$1434||$482/$337/$289/|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|10 persons Up||$1791||$1664||$1528||$676/$519/$364/|
|Beijing||Crowne Plaza Beijing or same class||Sunworld Hotel or same class||Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing or same class|
|Lhasa||Brahmaputra Grand Hotel||Xinding Hotel||ShangBaLa Hotel|
Please Ask Your china Travel Question Here!
or You can directly E-mail to: email@example.com
Hello Cherry : We enjoyed the Beijing tour very much. The itinerary schedule was full of best cultural and historical sites. The optional Beijing Opera and Acrobats show are an amazing. There is no doubt that we got more than our moneys worth. Food was plentiful and very good.Hotel was superb,Tour guide and driver were fantastic! Tour directors were very friendly and answer all your questions .ever ... more
New Zealand | 2013-11-18