8 Days Urumqi,Turpan,Kashgar TourThis all inclusive Xinjiang tour shows you the biggest province-Xinjiang, which locates in the Northwest of China. With this China discovery tour you will explore the mysterious and fantastic landscapes of Chinese minority area.
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Services Provided||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Arrive in Urumqi,Flight not included.||Airport Transfer (Urumqi)||/|
|Day 2||Urumqi||Boat for Cruise on the Heavenly Lake, Erdaoqiao Market, Heavenly Lake||B,L|
|Day 3||Urumqi to Turpan||The Xinjiang Museum, Souvenir Shop of the Great Hall of the People , Our guide and driver will escort you from Urumqi to Turpan||B,L|
|Day 4||Turpan||Astana Tombs, Tuyoq Village and Tuyugou Canyon, Suleiman Minaret, Local vineyard visit||B,L|
|Day 5||Turpan to Urumqi to Kashgar, Flight No. TBA||The Karez Wells, The Ruins of the Ancient City of Jiaohe, Our guide and driver will escort you from Turpan to Urumqi, Airport Transfer (Urumqi), Airport Transfer (Kashgar).||B,L|
|Day 6||Kashgar||Lake Karakuli||B,L|
|Day 7||Kashgar to Urumqi, Flight No. TBA||Id Kah Mosque, Bazaar, Kashgar Old Town, Zhiren Street, Hotel to airport Transfer (Kashgar), Airport Transfer (Urumqi)||B,L|
|Day 8||Depart Urumqi, Flight not included||Hotel to airport Transfer (Urumqi)||B|
Place & Transport: Arrive in Urumqi, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Urumqi)
Place & Transport:Urumqi
Today's Activities:Boat for Cruise on the Heavenly Lake, Erdaoqiao Market, Heavenly Lake
Meals:Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Boat for Cruise on the Heavenly Lake : It is a wonderful way to visit Heavenly Lake by boat.
- Erdaoqiao Market :Erdaoqiao is situated at the Erdaoqiao Block of South Jiefang Road in Urumqi, where you'll find a bustling market filled with fruit, clothing, crafts, knives, carpets and many antique items. The market has special space for grand ethnic songs and dances performances, and the folk street is furnished with a miniature landscape of Xinjiang's attractions.
- Heavenly Lake: Heaven's Lake, located in the Heavenly Mountain range (Tianshan), 115 km northeast of Urumqi, is possibly one of the most beautiful sights in China. The large clear water lake covered with a backdrop of tall pines littered over rolling hillside and snowcapped mountains is like an image from a painting.
Place & Transport:Urumqi to Turpan
Today's Activities:The Xinjiang Museum, Souvenir Shop of the Great Hall of the People , Our guide and driver will escort you from Urumqi to Turpan
Meals:Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- The Xinjiang Museum : The Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region Museum was established in the spring of 1953 in the People’s Park in Urumchi City. One of the highlights is the well-preserved collection of 4,000-year-old corpses, unearthed along the Silk Road.The Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region Museum has also become famous for its rich collections of silk artifacts from many periods of history.
- Souvenir Shop of the Great Hall of the People :A Urumqi urban district's large-scale shopping shop, manages each kind of Xinjiang Hetian jade, the Xinjiang manual rug, as well as Xinjiang locality each kind of local color snacks .
Place & Transport:Turpan
Today's Activities: Astana Tombs, Tuyoq Village and Tuyugou Canyon, Suleiman Minaret, Local vineyard visit
- Astana Tombs :Astana is the public cemetery of the ancient Gaochang residents, both aristocrats and commoners. However, among 456 excavated tombs in Astana Tomb, no King of Gaochang has been found. The dead in Astana Tomb were placed on an earthen or wooden bed in the back of the chamber; they had wood in both hands and wore cotton, linen or silk clothes
- Tuyoq Village and Tuyugou Canyon :The canyon stretches from your Subeixi ancient village inside the north towards the entrance with the Maza village for around 8 kilometers extended. It averages one kilometer in width. Within the canyon stands the greatest peak from the Flaming Mountain. The canyon splits the grand Flaming Mountain into two parts. It had been essentially the most mystical spot in West China.
- Suleiman Minaret : Built in 1777 to commemorate the brilliant military legacy of Turpan's ruler, Emin Khoja, Suleiman’s Minaret is one of Urumqi’s most iconic landmarks. Known as the Turan Pagoda among locals, the tower is nevertheless completely Uyger in its design, with distinct Arabic features and a central Asian flavour that betrays the history of this region.
- Local vineyard visit : Turpan is famous for growing grapes. The Grape Valley is very touristy so we'll arrange a visit to a local family run vineyard so that you get a real experience. They plant their grapes at the back of their house. It is a major source of income for local people. You will be able to walk around the farm and talk to local people to learn about their daily life.
Place & Transport:Turpan to Urumqi to Kashgar, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: The Karez Wells, The Ruins of the Ancient City of Jiaohe, Our guide and driver will escort you from Turpan to Urumqi, Airport Transfer (Urumqi), Airport Transfer (Kashgar
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- The Karez Wells : Karez Well is reputed as one of the three major construction projects in ancient China, together with the Great Wall and the Grand Canal. The history of this unique underground irrigation system can be traced back over more than 2,000 years: The combined lengths of the underground Karez channels in Xinjiang amounts to 5,000 meters.
- The Ruins of the Ancient City of Jiaohe : Jiaohe Ancient City stands isolated on a 30-meter-high plateau in the Ya'ernaizi Valley, 10 kilometers east of Turpan. The whole city of Jiaohe Ancient City stretches about 1650 meters from south to north, and 300 meters from east to west. With a history about 2,000 years, the Jiaohe Ancient City was controlled by the residents of Gaochang.
Place & Transport:Kashgar
Today's Activities: Lake Karakuli
- Lake Karakuli :Karakul Lake is located approximately 200km from Kashgar. At an altitude of 3,600m, it is the highest lake of the Pamir Plateau, near the junction of the Pamir Mountains, Tianshan and Kunlunshan mountain ranges.Day 7
Place & Transport:Kashgar to Urumqi, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities:Id Kah Mosque, Bazaar, Kashgar Old Town, Zhiren Street, Hotel to airport Transfer (Kashgar), Airport Transfer (Urumqi)
- Id Kah Mosque :The Id Kah Mosque is the largest mosque in China. The mosque was built by Saqsiz Mirza in 1442 (although it incorporated older structures dating back to 996) and covers 16,800 square meters. At midday on Fridays around 10,000 people will gather to pray and study the Koran, and prayer 5 times/day on other days. You'll be asked to remove your shoes before entering the Main Hall of the Id Kah Mosque, which has traditional Islamic pillars, carvings and rugs strewn over the floors. Women are advised to cover upper arms and legs. A scarf is not compulsory, but is seen as a mark of respect.
- Bazaar :Bazaar means a fair or market in Uygur language. Big Bazaar group offers more than 100 stores all over the country with an amalgamation of Indian bazaars’ feel and touch with a convenience and choice of the modern retail facilities. The retail format of the Big Bazaar group includes Aadhar, Rural & Home-Town retail chain, Ezone home-improvement chain, sportswear retailer, depot and music chain is few among others.
- Kashgar Old Town: Kashgar Old Town used to be at the crossroads of the northern and southern branches of the Silk Road, near the western edge of the Taklamakan Desert. Traders from Asia and Europe, weary from their frigid treks, unloaded their pack horses in Kashgar and sold their goods along the city's cramped streets. Influenced both by Eastern and Western cultures, the architecture of the Kashgar Old Town displays the charm of Central and Western Asia as well as elements of ancient Roman.
- Zhiren Street:The Zhiren Street or Handicraft Street is the most characteristic place showing the distinctive custom and culture of Kashgar, with many full-time handicraftsmen working on the street and hundreds of workshops and booths alongside.
Place & Transport:Depart Urumqi, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Urumqi)
|Nov.1 - Mar.31||Luxury||Standard||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Luxury||Standard||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
Please Ask Your china Travel Question Here!
or You can directly E-mail to: email@example.com
8-Day all inclusive essence vacation package Beijing, Xian and Shanghai Tour
Top China Tour:15-Day Beijing Xian Guilin Chongqing Yangtze Yichang Shanghai
7-Day Beijing and Xian Tour
Feb 1, 2008 Jane, It was indeed a pleasure finally meeting you last Friday. I would like to thank you for all the hard work in preparing my brief but enjoyable journey to Mainland China. I would be pleased to respond to your questions regarding my trip. I truly enjoyed the intimacy of the tour not a bus full of strangers but a small number of your friends and family.The trip made me feel like a tr ... more
US | 2009-01-30