Beijing Highlights TourBeijing is famed globally for its rich, fantastic history and culture and hospitable people which make Beijing travel experience greatly different from others. In Beijing Sightseeing tours,you will see many man-made wonders like the Great Wall, the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven.It's one of the best Beijing City Tours and you can not miss it.
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Services Provided||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Beijing||Airport Transfer (Beijing)||/|
|Day 2||Beijing||Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Hall of Clocks and Watches, Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Pearl Store||B,L|
|Day 3||Beijing||Temple of Heaven, The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Shahe Cloisonne Factory||B,L,D|
|Day 4||Beijing||Summer Palace with boat Cruise and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony, Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing)||B,L|
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
On arrival in Beijing, you will be met by our tour guide and transferred to your hotel in Beijing. Free for the rest of the day.Day 2
Place & Transport:Beijing
Today's Activities:Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Hall of Clocks and Watches, Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Li Heng Tang pearl store
Meals:Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Tiananmen Square :Located in the heart of Beijing, it is the largest one of its kind in the world. In the morning, the grand flag-raising ceremony is held, and the nightfall, the flag lowering ceremony is conducted. The flag-raising ceremony has become the most attractive and sacred ceremony in Tian’anmen Square. This immense courtyard is also the site of various historical events. It is surrounded by significant edifices such as the Chinese Revolution History Museum, the Mao Mausoleum, the Great Hall of the People, and the Heavenly Peace Gate
- The Forbidden City : Also called as the Palace Museum, it is the largest and the best preserved Imperial Palace in the world. Forbidden City houses numerous rare treasures; it’s splendid painted decoration, royal architectural wonder, the grand and deluxe halls will certainly satisfy one’s curiosity. In 1987, it was listed by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage Site
- Hall of Clocks and Watches: It is located in the east of the Inner Court outside the Gate of Respect Movement (Jing Yun Men), Forbidden City. This exhibition hall houses about 200 clocks and watches from the imperial collection. Those watches and clocks are mostly made in Switzerland, England, France, the U.S and Japan, with some Chinese made timepieces on display as well.
- Hutong Tour in Xicheng District:Hutong is an ancient urban alley peculiar to Beijing. Arrive at the old courtyard and begin the one hour visit inside. With the help of your English speaking tour guide of the courtyard, you will have a detailed explanation of the old courtyard ( Siheyuan ) - its history, its layout, its Fengshui, and its traditiona Chinese culture involved.
- Li Heng Tang pearl store: Lihengtang Pearl Store is a state-run enterprise that cultivates processes, manufactures and sells all type of fresh water and sea pearls. China is the largest fresh water pearl producer in the world with the main base being in Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces. Famous varieties of seawater pearls include: The Tahitian Black Pearl and Nanyang Golden pearl. The Lihengtang Pearl Store offer pearls of all types and quality pearls and caters to all price ranges.
Place & Transport:Beijing
Today's Activities:Temple of Heaven, The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), Shahe Cloisonne Factory
Meals:Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Temple of Heaven: Located in the southeast of Beijing City proper, the Temple of Heaven was first constructed in 1420. The temple was built specifically as a place where the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties worshipped heaven and prayed for good harvests. Main buildings in the temple take blue as the basic color, symbolizing the color of heaven. In 1998, it was included in the Worl Cultural Heritage List by UNESCO..
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car) : Mutianyu is a section of the Great Wall of China located in Huairou County 70km northeast of Beijing. the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs for generations. Besides, it is also famous for the breathtaking beautiful scenery, such as woodland and streams You can return by cable car, walk down or walk along the wall for about an hour to descend by chairlift. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- Roasted Duck at Fangzhuang: Beijing Roast Duck is renowned as the most delicious food of Beijing while Quanjude Restaurants enjoy a high reputation for its Beijing roast duck. Quanjuede restaurants have developed their own technique and are famous for outstanding quality. Fangzhuang branch is located besides the Temple of Heaven.
- Shahe Cloisonne Factory : Sha He Cloisonne Factory manufactures and sells high quality Cloisonne ware. High quality Cloisonne also called "Copper - body and wire inlaid Enamel" requires an elaborate and complicated manufacturing process including hammering, filigree welding, enamel filling, surface polishing and gilding. This is a popular place for those looking for special, quality souvenirs.
Place & Transport:Depart Beijing
Today's Activities:Summer Palace with boat Cruise and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony, Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
After breakfast, first visit Summer Palace, After lunch, transferred to the airport for your departure for next destination or free on your own.
- Summer Palace with boat Cruise and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony : It is the best-preserved and largest imperial garden in China and a classical park in the world. It covers an area of 2.9 million square meters, of which three fourths are taken up by water. Its main features are Longevity Hill, Kunming Lake, and various buildings. In the time of the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), it had become a luxurious royal garden providing riyal families with rest and entertainment. The Summer Palace also holds tens of thousands of precious cultural relics. It is also possible to cruise on the lake which takes 10 minutes by the ferry boat.
|Nov.1 - Mar.31||Luxury||Standard||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|10 persons Up||$350||$300||$290||$202/$124/$124/|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Luxury||Standard||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|10 persons Up||$431||$346||$338||$283/$182/$170/|
|Beijing||Crowne Plaza Beijing(or same class)||Sunworld Hotel(or same class)||Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing(or same class)|
Please Ask Your china Travel Question Here!
or You can directly E-mail to: email@example.com
Greetings from Finland We are very satisfied with our two week journey in China. Everything went well. There were always very kind Chinese people who wanted to help us , and I think many Chinese can speak in English. The best way start our journey was Yangtze cruise the first days! We were also lucky with the weather, so the scieneries were excellent. Yangzte River Cruise was very good and well ru ... more
Finland | 2013-03-30