6-Day Huhhot, Baotou, Erdos TourThis China Mongolia tour to show you a magnificent fair of Nadam Grassland festival featuring traditional Mongolian recreational and sporting activity. This travel packages for the festival held from July to August when the flowers are blooming.The activities include song and dance performances and traditional sporting competitions.
|Tour Dates||Destinations||Services Provided||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Beijing,Huhhot||Beijing to Overnight train, Train No. K89 (Beijing West Railway Station) Dep 21:00 - Arr 07:20||/|
|Day 2||Huhhot||Train station Transfer (Hohhot), Dazhao Lamasery, The Inner Mongolia Museum, Five Pagoda Temple, Huhhot Mengliang Minmao CO.LTD||Breakfast,Chinese Lunch|
|Day 3||Huhhot||Plain pasturing area, Gegentala Grassland, Nadam Fair, One Hour Horse Riding on the Plain||Breakfast,Chinese Lunch,Dinner|
|Day 4||Hohhot,baotou,erdos||Our guide and driver will escort you from Hohhot to Baotou, Our guide and driver will escort you from Baotou to Erdos, Resonant Sand Bay, One Hour Camel Riding in the Desert||Breakfast,Chinese Lunch|
|Day 5||Erdos,hohhot||Our guide and driver will escort you from Erdos to Hohhot, Genghis Khan's Mausoleum, Train station Transfer (Hohhot)||Breakfast,Chinese Lunch|
|Day 6||Huhhot,Beijing||Train station Transfer (Beijing)||/|
Place & Transport:Beijing to Overnight train, Train No. K89 (Beijing West Railway Station Railway Station) Dep 21:00 - Arr 07:20
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Beijing).
Place & Transport:Overnight train to Hohhot
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Hohhot), Dazhao Lamasery, The Inner Mongolia Museum, Five Pagoda Temple, Huhhot Mengliang Minmao CO.LTD
- Dazhao Lamasery : Situated in Dazhao-qian Street, Yuquan District, Hohhot, the Dazhao Lamasery was built by Alatan Khan--chief of Tumd Mongolian Tribe in the 7th year of Wanli Age of the Ming Dynasty.The temple is now a well-known tourist attraction because of the impressive buildings, splendid statues, delicate frescos, musical instruments and fine collection of Buddhist scriptures. Of its abundant religious relics perhaps the most notable are the "Three Marvelous Treasures", a title given to the Silver Buddha, the carved dragons on the huge golden pillars on either side of the statue and the murals commemorating the Emperor's visit.
- The Inner Mongolia Museum:Inner Mongolia Museum is located in the city center of Hohhot City. Built in May 1, 1957, it is the only provincial comprehensive museum in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Administrative Region. With a total area of 15,000 square meters, the exhibition area is about 7, 000 square meters, boasting a good selection of Mongolian items and a historical lineage of this vast grassland.
- Five Pagoda Temple:Five Pagodas Temple is located in the city of Hohhot. This temple was built in Qing Dynasty. The total height of it is 16.5 meters. Comparative with the Five Pagodas Temple in Beijing, this one is also showing a dense religious atmosphere and will bring visitors the real experience in a Chinese religious temple.
- Huhhot Mengliang Minmao CO.LTD:Hohhot, Inner Mongolia Meng Liang Trade Co., Ltd. was established in the public in 1989, mainly based on the production of national handicrafts enterprises. At present, more than 1000 kinds of products have been found all over the country, are exported abroad, at home and abroad by tourists and collectors love. With the deepening development of cultural exchanges with foreign countries, the capital of Hohhot, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region has become national handicraft production line together with beautiful scenery.
Place & Transport:Huhhot
Today's Activities:Plain pasturing area, Gegentala Grassland, Nadam Fair, One Hour Horse Riding on the Plain
- Gegentala Grassland : Gegenda Prairie is 145 km from Hohhot. With luxuriant grasses, undulating hills, abundant lakes, grazing horses and sheep, the seemingly endless grassland resembles a beautiful painting and has the feel of an otherworldly place. Visitors can enjoy the beauty of the grassland on horseback, experience camel riding, listen to shepherds sing, learn about customs and manners of the Mongolian people, enjoy performances and sample ethnic foods.
- Nadam Fair: Nadam Fair was held for large-scale sacrificial activities and to pray for blessings from Manito. Now, activities like wrestling, horseracing, and archery (the three skills all Mongolian men should master) are the primary role of the fair.The fair finishes with a bonfire party during the night when the young people singing and dancing.
- One Hour Horse Riding on the Plain: The horse is lead for safety reasons on this one hour ride. You will have chance to taste hand-made cheese, milk tea and other local specialities when you visit a local herdsmen’s family. Sunglasses, hat are recommended when you take this nomad-life experience
Place & Transport:Hohhot to Baotou to Erdos
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Hohhot to Baotou, Our guide and driver will escort you from Baotou to Erdos, Resonant Sand Bay, One Hour Camel Riding in the Desert.
- Resonant Sand Bay : Shaxiangwan Tourist Area is featured by its amazing desert landscape and the whispering sand dunes. Besides, there are also the sand lake and the oasis, etc. The sand dunes stretch as far as the eye can see and form a magnificent landscape.Recently scholars proposed scientific principles to explore its cause of formation. However, no substantial progress was achieved.
- One Hour Camel Riding in the Desert: The Camel is lead for safety reasons on this one hour ride. Sunglasses, hat are recommended when you take this nomad-life experience
Place & Transport: Erdos to Hohhot to Overnight train, Train No. K90 (Beijing West Railway Station Railway Station) Dep 21:10 - Arr 07:20.
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Erdos to Hohhot, Genghis Khan's Mausoleum, Train station Transfer (Hohhot)
- Genghis Khan's Mausoleum :Mausoleum of Genghis Khan is a national heritage site located in the Gandeli Grassland in Ordos City, Inner Mongolia. And because secret funeral is popular among Mongolian group, it is hard to find out the real tomb of Genghis Khan. And the present one is just a tourism site for visitors to get close touch with the famous historic figure Genghis Khan. It was built between 1954 to 1956 by the government of the PRC in the traditional Mongol style.Day 6
Place & Transport:Overnight train to Beijing
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Beijing)
|Nov.1 - Mar.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|10 persons Up||-||-||-||-|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|10 persons Up||-||-||-||-|
|Hohhot||/||/||Jinnangang Hotel(or same class)|
|Hohhot||/||/||Jinnangang Hotel(or same class)|
Please Ask Your china Travel Question Here!
or You can directly E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
8-Day all inclusive essence vacation package Beijing, Xian and Shanghai Tour
Top China Tour:15-Day Beijing Xian Guilin Chongqing Yangtze Yichang Shanghai
7-Day Beijing and Xian Tour
Dear Simon, I want to start off by thanking both of you for your help in booking our fantastic journey of your country. We really appreciated the opportunity to meet Simon in Xian. Let me tell you about our experience on our journey. Aside from being knowledgeable about the history and culture of the country, each guide was accommodating to our every need. The hotels and restaurants provided were ... more
UK | 2009-10-16