china tour contact
Email: US&Canada:1-855-788-7469 China:400-6361-856 or 0086-10-82758602 Mobile: 0086-13126609476

China Visa Application Knowledge

Chinese visa is needed for all non-Chinese citizens to enter China. The travellers are responsible for all visas, entry documents, health and any other documents required by laws, regulations or orders of countries visited. According to the Laws of the People's Republic of China, on entry and exit of the P R China, foreign tourists must apply for visas at China's foreign affairs offices, consulates or other organizations authorized by China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Followings are all the conditions for compliance:
  • Who need to apply
A. A group of five or more tourists can apply for a group tourist visa. This is usually handled by a travel agency organizing groups.
B. People coming to China from countries which have visa agreements with China (such as agreements which exempt tourist groups from visas) are treated in accordance with these agreements.
C. Foreigners hoping to visit Tibet should obtain a permit from the Tibet Tourism Bureau or its overseas offices before applying for visa.
D. Foreigners requesting to visit Shenzhen, Zhuhai, and Xiamen Special Economic Zones may apply directly to visa organs authorized by China's Ministry of Public Security in these zones for “tourist visas to special economic zones.”

A passport is required for visa application. The passport shall be valid for at least 6 months beyond the duration of the tour.

  • Eight sub-categories of China Visa
There are eight sub-categories of the Ordinary Visa, which are respectively marked with Chinese phonetic letters L, F, Z, X, C, G, D, J-1and J-2.
L Visa: Issued to an applicant who comes to China for tourist purposes, family visiting or other personal affairs.
F Visa: Issued to an applicant who is invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, scientific-technological and culture exchanges or short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of no more than six months.
Z Visa: Issued to an applicant who is to take up a post or employment in China, and their accompanying family members.
X Visa: Issued to an applicant who comes to China for the purpose of study, advanced studies or intern practice for a period over six months.
C Visa: Issued to crewmembers on international aviation, navigation and land transportation missions and family members accompanying them.
G Visa: Issued to those who transit through China or people who layover within 24 hours in the airport.
D Visa: Issued to applicant who is to reside permanently in China.
J-1 Visa: Issued to foreign resident correspondents in China.
J-2 Visa: Issued to foreign correspondents on temporary interview missions in China.

  • Overseas Chinese Visa Authorities
Overseas Chinese Visa Authorities include Chinese embassies, consulates, visa offices, and the consular department of the office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China. If a foreigner intends to enter into, exit from or transit through Chinese territory, he shall apply to the above-mentioned Chinese visa authorities for a Chinese visa. For further information, please consult the nearest Chinese visa authorities.
According to the relevant international law, any sovereign state has the exclusive rights to decide whether or not to allow foreigners to enter its territory, and accordingly, to issue a visa, reject visa application and cancel an issued visa according to its national law without providing the reasons.
With their valid Chinese passport, a Chinese citizen can enter China without a visa.

Please Ask Your Question About travel information Here!
       or You can directly E-mail to: