china tour contact
Email: US&Canada:1-855-788-7469 China:400-6361-856 or 0086-10-82758602 Mobile: 0086-13126609476

When I lose my passport in China, what should I do?

The most important thing to do is to inform your guide or travel advisor at the first time when you lose your passport in China. You can count on them for their proficiency of settling down this kind of emergency. Besides, we also list some steps about what to do when losing passport abroad for your reference.
  • Firstly, with the help of your guide or travel advisor, you should immediately go to the nearest police station to report your loss/theft of general property / passport (useful for insurance purposes or any investigation). Continue to visit the local Exit and Entry Administration Bureau for a lost/stolen report about your visa.
  • Then, you should go to your countries nearest embassy or consulate. The officers will help you to register the procedure of losing passport. After this step, you will be asked to apply a passport reissued.
  • Finally, when you receive your new passport, you need to go to the he local Exit and Entry Administration Bureau for your new Chinese visa.

Please note that once you have reported your passport lost or stolen to the embassy/consulate, it is electronically cancelled and cannot be used for further travel.

Please Ask Your Question About travel information Here!
       or You can directly E-mail to: