Like other cities,restaurants in Chongqing has its own features.If you are having a Chongqing package tour,our Chongqing travel guide introduce the Chongqing restaurants to you,making your Chongqing China tour perfect.
Chongqing is in a mountainous region, with distinctive winter and summer seasons, so a spicy diet can help their bodies cope with the temperature extremes. Chongqing food is largely a hybrid of Sichuan cuisine and local specialty dishes. The Sichuan cuisine is characterized by its heavy flavoring with spiciness and use of a diverse range of native ingredients.
Known for their spiciness, dishes from this region are flavored with red pepper, sesame, fermented black beans, scallions, ginger, garlic, wine and soy sauce. The unique feature of the Sichuan cuisine is "Ma" - the feeling of numbness in the mouth. The Sichuan red peppercorns, known as "Huajiao", give Sichuan food its distinctive taste and create a sudden numbing sensation in one's mouth. Another distinctive feature of Sichuan dishes is the use of nuts. Often cashew nuts, walnuts and peanuts are combined with chicken, mushrooms or bean curd to attain the all-important "texture" which is crucial to all Sichuan dishes. The number one specialty of Chongqing is Sichuan hotpot, in which diners cook their own sliced meat and vegetables in a bubbling pot of soup or spiced oil.
- 1) Chongqing Little Swan RestaurantCombined Western-Style and Chinese Food
- Address: 78 North Jianxin Rd
2)Szechuan CHONGQING Restaurant
One of the first Szechuanese restaurants in Vancouver, rewarded Fine Dining by Urbanspoon Vancouver andBest Chinese on the Drive by Vancouver Sun restaurant critic Mia Stainsby, who describes us as “an institution for those who love the incendiary fare.”
- Address: 2808 Commercial Drive, (at 12th) Vancouver, B.C
- 3) Tomato Kitchen Cafe Mainly engaged in western style food
- Address: No. 8 North Nan Ping Road, Nan An District
- Oriental-Style (non-Chinese) Restaurant
- Address: No.28 Da Tong Street, Yu Zhong District
- 5) HaoKeLai Steak Restaurant(JiuLongPo Branch) Beefsteak
- Address:Level 2 No.11 YangJiaPingZheng Street, JiuLongPo District
- 6) Chongqing Prince RestaurantSichuan Spicy Food
- Address: 3/F., HaiKeYingZhou Club, No.20 ChangBin Road, ChaoTianGate, Chongqing
- 7) GuBin Brazil Grill Restaurant Barbecue
- Address: Level 5, West side of Daduhui, #68 ZouRong Road, Yubei District,Chongqing
- 8) Sichuan Hot Pot Restaurant which is a famous chain restaurant for hot pot
- Address: 48 Xiaomishi, Yuzhong District
The restaurants above are just few of many delicious Chongqing restaurants; you can taste all of them one by one if you have enough time during your tour to Chongqing.