If you are planning a Guilin package tour,you should know some Guilin facts beforehand,our Guilin travel guide provide some Guilin travel information,thus making Guilin China tour easier.
Guilin is a popular tourist city famous for its karst landscape and idyllic countryside. The limestone hills randomly thrust out of the ground, and Li River winds its way through the hills and passes villages, creating a picture of timeless beauty. Out-door activities like hiking and biking will bring you to nature and local farmers' daily life.
- One of China's main tourist cities
- It is renowned for its mountain-river scenery.
- Yangshuo and northern Guilin regions are especially scenic.
- A city region renowned for its scenic beauty in China
- 314 BC A small village existed at the site
- 214 BC The Ling Canal linked the Yangtze River and the Li River and Pearl River
- 507 AD The town was named Guizhou
- 1921 Became a base for the Northern Expeditionary Army
- 1981 Chosen by the government to be one of four especially protected cities
- Significance of city: a favorite area for Chinese and foreign tourists
- Municipality terrain: eroded limestone hills, the Li River and many streams and canals
- Nearby cities: Liuzhou (152 km/95 mi), Nanning (388 km/ 241 mi), Beihai (600 km/373 mi)
- Average altitude: 153 (502 feet)
- Main rivers: Li River
- Average high temperature in August: 32.8 °C (91 °F)
- Average low temperature in January: -5.4 °C (41.7 °F)
- The weather is humid subtropical with monsoons; annual precipitation: 1901.3 mm (74.9 in).
- Guilin Liangjiang International Airport
- 1 main ring road
- 2 train stations: Guilin Train Station and Guilin North Station
- 1 large intercity bus station
- Average annual income: 19,435 RMB (2,858 USD)
- Development: developing; the city is open for foreign tourists and is famous for its scenery
- Industry: 37.2 tertiary industry (tourism, service), 39% secondary (industry, construction), 18.9% primary (agriculture)
- Business area: corner of Zhongshan Zhong Road and Jiefang Road (25.27N, 110.29E)
- Shopping Streets: Zhongshan Zhong Road
- Natural: Li River, Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave, Longji Terraced Fields, Xingping Ancient Town, Solitary Beauty Peak, Yulong River in Yangshuo, Moon Hill, Yao Mountain, Gudong Waterfall, Bajiaozhai Geography Park, Two Rivers and Four Lakes Water System
- Adventure: Li River Hiking, Rafting Yangshuo's Yulong River, Longmen Water Cave
- Ancient: Ling Canal, ethnic villages in Longsheng, Qin Family's Courtyard, Huangyao Ancient Town, Jiangtou Village of Jiuwu Town, Daxu Ancient Town, The Mausoleum of Jing Jiang Prince, Sanjiang Wind and Rain Bridge
- Amusement: Merryland Theme Park, Yuzi Paradise, Seven Star Park and Zoo
Most Popular Souvenirs and Local Products
Cultured pearls, landscape paintings, souvenirs, Luo Han Guo (a kind of fruit for beverages), osmanthus flowers (herbal tea), paper fans, Chinese painting and calligraphy
Start a Guilin tour at once if you want to know more about Guilin. There is not only natural beauty but also delicious food. And it is the place that helps you escape from cities where are crowded with people and cars to really enjoy fresh air and the beautiful landscape.