If you are planning a Xian tour package,you should know some Xian facts first,Our Xian travel guide give you a general knowledge of Xian facts to provide some Xian travel information,thus adding color to your China holiday vacation.
Xi'an is the first of China's Four Great Ancient Capitals and played a very important part in Chinese history. Xi'an is characterized by and proud of its ancient heritage, and rightly so. Thus, it is very necessary for you to start a Xi’an tour. First, let’s have an overview of Xi’an.
English Name: Xi'an, Hsian, SianChinese Name: 西安 (xī ān)Alias: Chang'anLocation: Guanzhong Plain, Shaanxi Province, Northwest China (34°16′N, 108°54′E)Postal Code: 710000 - 710090Area Code: 029
- Called the birthplace of China's civilization
- The capital city of 13 imperial dynasties
- The main eastern terminus of the ancient Silk Road
- Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum
- Capital city of 13 empires and 73 emperors
- 1066 BC The first Zhou emperor made Fenghao the capital of the Zhou Empire
- 771 BC Much of Fenghao was destroyed, and the capital was moved eastwards
- 221 BC Emperor Qin Shihuang made Xianyang the capital of his large empire
- 202 BC Liu Bang emerged as emperor of the Han Dynasty and made Chang'an his capital city
- 582 AD Sui Empire emerged with Daxing as its capital
- 618 Tang Empire begins with Chang'an as its capital city. It became of the world's largest cities at that time
- 904 Chang'an was destroyed. After this, Chang'an is never again an imperial capital city
Significance of city: Many dynasties from about 3,000 to 1,000 years ago had their capital city here, so it can be called the fountainhead of civilization for China. The city influenced the west via the Silk Road.
- Nearby cities: Xianyang (21 km/13 mi), Luoyang (374 km/232 mi), Lanzhou (647 km/402 mi)
- Municipality terrain: Wei River and Qingling Mountains; mostly alluvial plain
- Average altitude: 405 (1,329 feet)
- Main rivers: Wei River
- Highest temperature: 42.9 °C (109 °F)
- Lowest temperature: -20.6 °C (-5 °F)
- Annual precipitation: 554 mm (21.8 in)
- The climate is temperate, semi-arid; known for dust storms in the spring and early summer
Xi'an Xianyang International Airport is the largest airport in Northwest China
- 1 line north to south subway
- 2 main concentric ring roads encircle the city
- 6 train stations; Xi'an Railway Station is among the top 8 in the country
Average annual income: (2008) 26,259 RMB (3,861 USD) Development: developing; known for software and space and defense R&D Shopping Areas: Muslim Street, Xi'an Antique Market
Ancient: Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, Huashan Mountain,Hanyang Tomb, Ancient City Wall, Small Wild Goose Pagoda, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Great Mosque, Qianling Tomb, Bell Tower, Mausoleum of Qinshihuang Museums: Shaanxi History Museum, Xianyang Museum, Banpo Museum,Forest of Steles Museum, Fule International Ceramic Art Museum Natural: Hukou Waterfall Performances: Tang Dynasty Show with Dumpling Banquet, evening fountain and music show at the square in front of Big Wild Goose Pagoda
Most Popular Food
Antiques, Cultural Artworks, Reproductions of Terracotta Army Figures, Peasant Paintings, Paper Cuttings
Xi’an China travel is very popular with many travelers. Here, you can see ancient Chinese civilization and feel Chinese time-honored history. I believe you have had a burning desire to go there and see the ancient city by yourselves.