Amayi Naxi Restaurant
The restaurant is located inside a quiet courtyard in the ancient city, offering pure taste of delicious Naxi food (Naxi is a ethnic group mainly living in Yunnan Province), such as roast fish (马帮烤鱼), braised steak fillet (小炒肉), bean jelly made from Jidou, a kind of special bean in Lijiang (鸡豆凉粉), hot pot with dried spareribs (腊排骨火锅), buttered tea (酥油茶), roast meat (马帮烤肉) and Naxi fried rice (纳西炒饭).
- Chinese name: 阿妈意纳西美食 Amayi Naxi Meishi /a-ma-yee na-sshi may-shi/
- Address: near Stone Bridge, Wuyi Street, Gucheng District (古城区五一街小石桥边)
- Average price per person: 45 yuan
Private Home Cuisine In Laodao Fang
It is a really small restaurant with only 5 tables. Hence the environment is not good. However, the restaurant still enjoy a great fame for its special “manager” (Laodao Ma) and its delicious home style dishes, such as huangmen chicken (黄焖鸡, a kind of stir-fried chicken), hot pot with dried spareribs (腊排骨火锅), stewed chicken with Chinese wild yam (山药炖鸡), braised beef in sauce (红烧牛肉), braised fish in sauce (红烧鱼) and wild mushroom (野山菌).
- Chinese name: 唠叨坊私房菜 Laodao Fang Sifang Cai /laoww-daoww fune si-fung tseye/
- Average price per person: 20 yuan
- Notice: Having meal in this small restaurant, customers need to do many things themselves, such as cleaning the table, fetching a bottle of beer, etc. If a customer wants to have meal alone, that is impossible, because the “manager” may not serve him/her. In that case, the customer needs to have meal with other customers.
- Address: inside the lane near Great Stone Bridge, Gucheng District (古城区大石桥布农铃旁巷子内)
- Tel: 0888-5180 439
- Opening hours: 09:00–22:00
Long Family Rockfish Restaurant
It is a restaurant offering delicious rockfish. There are two ways to eat the rockfish in this restaurant: hot pot and sashimi. It is a great destination to relish the dainty of rockfish.
- Chinese name: 龙记斑鱼庄 Longji Banyu Zhuang /long-ji ban-jyoo zhwung/
- Average price per person: 55 yuan
- Address: 12-15 middle section of Huama Street, Gucheng District (古城区花马街中段12-15号)
- Tel: 0888-5123 458
Qiuyue Pavilion Restaurant
The restaurant is one of the oldest restaurants in Lijiang. Customers there can relish many delicious dishes, such as salmon, dried spareribs, roast fish in Naxi style and wild mushroom. Besides delicious dishes, the restaurant also provides services of wireless internet and performance. In addition, customers can appreciate the architectural style of Naxi ethnic: building the buildings without any nail or rivet.
- Chinese name: 秋月阁餐吧 Qiuyue Ge Canba /qyo-youair ger tsan-ba/
- Average price per person: 77 yuan
- Address: 1 Jishan Lane, Xinyu Street, Gucheng District (古城区新义街积善巷1号)
- Tel: 0888-51113 930, 8898 220
The windows of the restaurant are facing to farmland. The restaurant provides some home style dishes, most of which are a little spicy, such as hoosh (杂锅菜), huangmen chicken (黄焖鸡, a kind of stir-fried chicken), fish cooked with pickles, roast fish, hot pot with dried spareribs (腊排骨火锅) and bean jelly made from Jidou, a kind of special bean in Lijiang (鸡豆凉粉).
- Chinese name: 壹餐厅 Yi Canting /yee tsan-ting/
- Average price per person: 48 yuan
- Address: Near Great Stone Bridge, Shuhe Ancient Town (束河古镇大石桥)
- Tel: 0888-5136 681
It might a little difficult to find the small restaurant in Zhongyi Wholesale Market. The hospitable locals will show you the way if you ask for help from them. However, the restaurant is quite popular, because of the hospitable services and the delicious dishes, such as hot and sour fish in Naxi style (纳西酸辣鱼), hoosh (杂锅菜), braised cowhells (烩牛筋), slices of pettitoes and braised beef in sauce.
- Chinese name: 永霞小吃 Yongxia Xiaochi /yong-sshyah sshyoww-chi/
- Address: 108 Zhongyi Wholesale Market, Gucheng District (古城区忠义商贸综合批发市场108号)
- Opening hours: 11:30–21:00
- Average price per person: 20 yuan
A Lili Restaurant
It is a little bit difficult to find the restaurant’s exact location. When customers are waiting for the dishes, it is an interesting experience to read the customers’ messages stamped on the wall. The signature dishes of the restaurant are potato dumplings (土豆饺子, dumplings with wrapper made of mashed potato and wrapped vegetable and meat), hoosh (杂锅菜), stewed beef with strong-smelling preserved tofu (臭豆腐炖牛肉), plum wine (雕梅酒) and Lijiang stuffed bun (丽江粑粑).
- Chinese name: 阿哩哩 A Lili /a lee-lee/
- Address: 7 Zhongyi Lane, Guangyi Street, Gucheng District (古城区光义街忠义巷7号)
- Tel: 0888-8885 885
- Average price per person: 44 yuan
It is more like a café offering some deserts and drinks like chocolate cake and milk shake with banana flavor.
- Chinese name: 井卓 Jingzhuo /jing-zhwor/
- Average price per person: 37 yuan
- Address: 32 Mishi Lane, Xinyi Street, Gucheng District (古城区新义街密士巷32号)
Yuerong Zhuang Western Restaurant
The restaurant is located inside Yuerong Zhuang, a hotel facing to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. The food there is ok; the highlights in the restaurant must be customers can choose a seat with nice view of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
The restaurant puts more effort on vegetarian dishes.
- Chinese name: 悦榕庄西餐厅 Yuerong Zhuang Xi Canting /youair-rong zhwung sshi tsan-ting/
- Address: Yuerong Road, Shuhe Ancient Town (束河古镇悦榕路)
Yaju Xiaochao Wang
- Chinese name: 雅居小炒王 Yaju Xiaochao Wang /ya-jyoo sshyoww-chaoww wung/
- Address: S12-4 Huama Street, Gucheng District (古城区花马街S12-4号)
- Tel: 0888-5111 148